Saturday, October 30, 2010

My First Blog

Its been more than 5 or 6 years since I first heard about blogging. And quite frankly it wasn't something that intrigued me much. Why should I take the pain of writing down my thoughts on the world wide web so that people can comment and judge me? Naa.. blogging wasn't my cup of tea, until now..

I have been spending more time online than in the real world ever since I have moved to Kuwait more than 2 years ago. Not that I'm an indoor kinda person, but anything "fun" is either illegal or you just cant do it coz its so damn hot outside(55 C is pretty hot). So why not try out blogging. It will be a change from facebooking all the time I'm online.

 My first experience of writing something original was a few years back in high school. I had given my name for a story writing competition. The sole intention was to bunk class and not get in trouble at the same time. I knew I couldn't even finish a paragraph. Then the unimaginable happened. Not only I finished a short story, I was awarded a prize and it also got published in the school yearbook. I would definitely rate it as one of the highlight of my school life. Its sad I don't even remember the title of that story. 

4 comments:

  1. Welcome
    Good that you've decided to write something and thanks for sharing that anecdote, it brought back our school memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep blogging! Congrats on the prize :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grrrr8 goin bro.... M sure it will be fun reading ur posts... Keep posting....

    ReplyDelete